PROFILE: The Department of Mechanical Engineering has come into existence in the year 1986.the intake 50 seats further in the year 2004 the intake was enchanced to 60 seats. The Department has 19 dedicated staff members(Teachnig Staff -11, Non-teaching Staff - 7 and 1 Supporting Staff members ) 5 Staff Members with M.tech and 2 Staff members with B.tech
Sankara senior Lecturer of mechanical engineering department in charge has published 7 papers at various National and international conference. The Department is equipped with fully established labs and Good Environment condition for workshop. That is very beneficial to the students to get deep sight and practical knowledge of the subject. The Department obtained grant under APSSDC form Siemens` for modernization of R & AC Lab and Agriculture Lab with latest Renowned Software.
MEDHA: - (Mechanical Engineering Department of Honorary Association) organizes guest /Remedial lecturers, seminar`s and on soft skills programs for the student, Training to soft skills under APSSDC conducts Programs is also organized for IIIrd year students. As per C-16 syllabus the IIIrd year Students goes under Industrial training for good established Industries for other state. As a consequence every year 90% of students from Department of Mechanical Engineering passed, and also most of the students are E-CET aspirants. The Department of Mechanical Engineering has top Ranks in E-CET in its Credit in the Past years.
- To be a globally renowned center for Quality and Education and Innovation research in Mechanical Engineering.
- To perpetually generate quality human resources in mechanical Engineering who can contribute constructively to the technology and social economic development of the nation.
- Prepare effective and responsible engineers for global requirement.
- Continuously strive to improve pedagogical methods employed in delivering the academic programmers
- Respond dynamically to the changing requirement of the Industry.
- Conduct basic and applied research to contribute to intellectual human capital
- Inculcate the spirit of entrepreneurship and social responsibility.